As we sit in the airport getting ready to depart, I call and set up appointment times to see the vehicles. Its a short 1:20 flight... apparently a lot can change in 1 hour and 20 minutes!! It was 8:00 when we departed Vegas, so 9:00p.m. in SLC. We landed at 10:20 and headed to bed, woke early to get started, and headed out to our first appointment at 9:00 am.
The first car we saw was not at all what had been described to us. Every, and I am not exaggerating when I say EVERY removeable part (ie: wheel centers, storage compartment covers, floor mats, antena) all gone, never to be seen again.
On to the 2nd, apparently when we list a car for sale on Friday... what we really mean is we will sell it next Wednesday! Well, that obviously will not work with our plan to drive it home today... SATURDAY!! 2 down.
#3 So you actually run a little business where you fix up cars... thats cool, why is the paint color off ever so slightly from panel to panel? No wrecks huh? And why does this door not shut tight? No wrecks huh? And did you really just remove a portable battery jumping device from the other side of the car, ever so quickly that we might not notice? No battery problems huh? Well thanks for being upfront, catch is none of these problems would have detered us had you been honest about them. Moving on...
3 strikes we're out... OH NO, NOT US, we need a ride home!! Fourth ones a charm I am sure, at a Dealer, opens at 10:00 Its 10:30 now, lets cruise over there, it sounds like it could be the one. Talked to the guy as he was 'closing' last night. There's the dealership, I don't see the car... sold last night huh. SUPER...
And onward.. #5... really nice, interior is clean, getting excited, lets drive it!! Wait, the mileage is what?!? Thats only a mere 80k more than you said it had. Here's the keys back..... later!!
#6 Back to SL county... (we have been in UT county all this time, you did not even know there were that many dishonest people in UT county did you?? Positive note... swung by my brothers house and got to kiss Joey) Where was I... oh yes, #6, Private seller, no habla ingles (that's ok, you brought your friend to interpret) Looks nice, a little wear on the seats, drives nice, lets talk $ will you come down $500, no only $200? Ok, counting out the cash... really, right here on the trunk? OK, hand over the title, Travis is reading, what?!? SALVAGE?? Yea, NO!! Heres your title, taking back my cash, driving away... they still don't know what happened... NO HABLA INGLES!!
... wait, getting hungry... ahhh Crown Burger, yum! Ok lets go!
7 is a lucky number... right?!? Ok, again, you list the car for sale on Thursday, I am viewing it on Saturday, after explaining to you on Friday... before I flew 1 way 500 miles from home... that I was planning on driving it home SATURDAY... not selling for 2 weeks or so huh... not even for cash (cause I still have it... right here... burning a hole in my pocket....) Whatever!!
Ohhh There is a big sign for a used car blowout, lets go check it out. Requirements list communicated, 10 vehicles huh, great. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, Maybe, NO, OK, lets talk #'s. Not within our limit (then why are you showing it to me?? Did I not communicate my requirements?!?) So you can get close huh, let me think about it for a minute.... what? you have 2 others that are similar that will be no problem to get within my cap? OK lets look at them. DISCLAIMER: so when you become a used car dealer the word similar takes on a whole new meaning... huh, this is getting really old, lets just pay more than we were planning, it's only by 1200... and it is a nice car. OK lets do it... what? Your price changed, another 1500 huh, OK BYE BYE! Lets count those as #7A #7B and #7C
And #8, oh blessed #8, it's 8:00, we have been at this for 12 hours now... sure lets head to Ogden, why not, we have been everywhere else. Driving, doubting, if we head now, we can catch the last flight home, driving, phone call from seller... strange... And we are still driving, another phone call from seller, meeting with another buyer now huh, does not have cash huh, yes we do, yes we will take it tonight if it is to our liking... Ok we will see you in 15 minutes. Strange, now he knows I have $xxxxx.xx on me, huh, and he said all this in fromt of the other buyer who does not have $xxxxx.xx to buy the same vehicle... are you feeling a little nervous... it's dark, it's strangers, it's been one !%?& of a day. Another phone call to our good friend, "Can you drop what you are doing this lovely evening and come meet us, and bring the heat?" Meeting in the Satrbucks parking lot, well lit, coffee house.... of course there are 3 cops here... where else would they be?!? and wait... why am I NOT drinking a Vanilla Bean Frapaccino?!? CRAP!! Car looks nice, what? It is everything you said it would be? And I am not dreaming? WE WILL TAKE IT!! Count the cash, old man asks cops to witness, strange, wants a copy of title so it's off to Walgreens, no copier there. Into the Hotel on the corner, comes back out, empties his belongings out of car, and asks to be left right there... see ya!! Ladies and Gentlemen... we have a car....
So the moral of this really long post is..... theres no moral, just laughter after this one!! To boot, here is our drive home SUNDAY...
Apparently we need new wiper blades... but the AWD works like a charm!


WOW is all I can say!! This story kills me!! Lol - I love it, glad things worked out in the end.. and hope your loving your new car!! :)
ReplyDelete