Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Field Trip Fun...

Yes, that is a loaded title.  The kids School organized a field trip to the Lied Discovery Children's Museum, and I volunteered to drive (so I could haul my own kids).  They were very excited, the day finally arrived, and we were off and running.  All three lower elementary classes went, and the parent volunteers were in charge of keeping track of the kids who rode in their car... well since I only hauled my own kids, my task was fairly easy... or so I though, man can my kids run!!  Do notice however my efficient effort in dressing them in the same bright color... Safety rule #1 when headed into a crowd ;)

The whole group stated in the Stuffy Exhibit room, where they dissected a large stuffed human.  All the guts were removed and passed around the room for everyone to check out.  This is Cami and her friend Bailey checking out a lung...


Then everyone broke off into individual groups, I tagged along with Cami and her little friends.  Danny joined a group from his class, so unfortunately I don't have very many pictures of him, but here is what I did manage to capture....

The Girls enjoyed the dress-up stage area, it was quite a show!!
Then we were off to the bubbles, there was a huge one that you stood on a platform and the bubble formed around you... it was cool, so of course I did not get a picture of it :(
I did cross Danny's path while he was pedaling to create a lightning bolt... or something like it ;)
One of the favorites was the Hurricane Simulator, there is just something about the wind in your face... really, ask any dog, they will tell you its the best!!

All in all we had a really good time.  Cori's favorite was the frozen marshmallows.  After a demonstration with liguid nitrogen, the kids were all asked to line up and get a miniature frozen marshmallow.  Cori went through the line, then wraped around and got back in the end again... 4 times!!  Eventually she just had to stand there, the lady doing the demo fell in love with her and froze her a few more.

No comments:

Post a Comment