Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Being 8 is Great!

I cannot believe my little 4 lb Danny has grown into such an amazing kid who just turned 8 years old!!  Man, words can not express how I feel about him.  He is such a gentle soul, he is the coolest big brother ever, and the kindest most loving son any mom could ask for.
As you know, turning 8 is a pretty major step in our life. 
He pretty much partied all week... 'like a rockstar' if you ask him!
The big Birthday fell on a Wednesday this year, so for his birthday treat at school we decided we would do a pizza lunch for his class.  The kids were all excited and Danny loved it.  The class got to ask him questions about himself, and anyone who knows him knows how much he just loves the attention ;)  Here is a quick picture of the answers he gave his friends...
He chose to go to Olive Garden for dinner, and was really looking forward to them singing to him.  Most adults shy away from such a spectacle.... not 8 year olds.  He was certain to tell everyone that it was his birthday, then he would ask when they were going to sing to him. 
Between he and Cami, I think we annoyed every employee in the place.

Back at home we had the family over for a little Ice Cream party.

Jason requested a larger Root Beer Float....

Danny loved his gifts

Lego Star Wars...  Wow MOM.... You Rock!!
He also received a B-ball hoop in the back yard...

 
Wow MOM.... You Really do Rock!!

And how do your sisters feel about you being spoiled???


Like I said, he partied all week.  We had family coming to town for the Baptism so we got them a room out in Lake Las Vegas at the Loews Resort.  We grabbed us a room too so we could hang out with them.  Since there were a bunch of kids around, they decided to open the kid pool, we grabbed a cabana, ordered lunch and relaxed in the sun all afternoon!

Life is just too rough eh??

The slide was a big hit...



Lunch poolside is the only way to go!!


It was absolutely gorgeous weather, I even ended up getting a little sun tan.

After such a fun afternoon, we rushed home to get ready for the Baptism.  Danny was so excited, this was the best part of his week.  On his birthday when Travis was teasing him about what his presents might be he said, "It doesn't matter too much, because my best present is happening on Saturday when I get Baptised"
I learn so much from him every day, his little spirit is truly chosen.  There was a time that I questioned and doubted the age of 8 as capable of being accountable, and then I was angry because I did not think any 8 year old could grasp the decision to be baptised... If for no other reason, Danny was sent to this earth to correct me.  He has such an amazing spirit, such a desire to be accountable, such a deep understanding of the gospel, I hope I am as strong someday as he is at 8.



Having family travel to support us made the day very special.
I was asked to speak on the Holy Ghost, Melanie ended up leading the music and Dale was asked to give the closing prayer.  There was only one other child being Baptised, and she was from the spanish branch, it was really neat to hear her baptismal covenant recited in Spanish.

Travis' parents came down for the evening.  Danny was really excited to see them.

A before and after shot.... something memorable happened while they were in the font.  Travis got a little confused and after being corrected 4 times, he noticed that the verbage for the ordinance was written on the side of the font.  He was rather flustered when he noticed it and said, "Aw, its right there!"  After thinking about that experience I likened it to the fact that we all have moments when our mortal minds become clouded and bombarded with everything that the world thows at us, how easy it is to get frustrated and even give up.  But if we will take a minute and breathe, we will find what we need to lead us through those moments, we just need to remember that we are never alone, that there is always guideance available, and we need to most importantly remember to look for those 'signs' and be open to receive them.


Now Let's Party!!
Back at our house we enjoyed a little dinner and cake for Danny's big day.
He received a couple gifts from loved ones...
Grandpa and Grandma Klingler gave him his own quad with is name engraved on them.
When he opened it, he read Wm Daniel Klingler and asked, "Who is Wm?"
A new nick-name was born!!
Kev and Mel and family gave him a CTR Tie.  He loves it, and quickly asked to wear it to church.

After the crowd cleared we left the mess behind and headed back out to Lake Las Vegas for the night.
The kids were a pretty tight fit...
the morning brought cloudy skies... good thing we enjoyed the pool yesterday!!

Danny decided to share his testimony in church, it was very touching.  He shared that he knew that being baptised was important, and that he knew everyone had to make that choice, and choose what team they wanted to be on, either Satans team or Heavenly Fathers team.  He was very calm and took his time to share his thoughts, in his own words.  I'm very proud of him and how he's growing into an admirable young man.

1 comment:

  1. So glad it was a happy week. Wishing we could have been there. Enjoy all the basketball, I know my boys are missing bball.

    ReplyDelete