I dream of a house where I actually get to hang the family picture above the mantle. However my realitiy is that usually just about the time I get the final box (you know, the one full of stuff you can't throw away, yet it does not actually belong anywhere in the house) unpacked, it is time to start packing for the upcoming move...
On the bright side, I have become quite efficient at packing and moving a home, I have also become quite un-efficient at un-packing. So here I sit, with just enough space cleared on my desk for the computer and boxes piled high in every corner. Yet rather than unpack and settle, I facebook, I e-mail, and now I shall update my blog.... just in time to leave and pick up the kids from school ;)
Do you see my strategy? It's just genious, don't you think?
And once all that is done, what will keep me busy tomorrow? Hmmm.. Oh, the kids could use new jackets, spring sweaters for the girls, so apparently it will be shopping that will fill my hours.
There is only one thing that actually motivates me to deal with the mess in my house, and that is company or upcomming events... so.... Who is coming to visit, come on people... help me out and come visit us!!
This move, I did not capture on film, except for a couple moments that I thought were too funny to pass up. I asked the kids to help me out and get their room ready to pack. By this I meant put the few items that were out of their place, in their place so that I could pack the room. About 10 minutes later, when I fugured they would be done straitening their room, this is what I found...
By this photo, you may assume that their room is always a mess... not the case.
My kids refuse to sleep in seperate rooms, so I cram their beds into one room. I also make a very OCD effort to organize every little thing, no towel goes without a hook, no pencil without a basket, no shoe without a shelf. Yet in an effort to 'HELP' me get their room ready to pack, this is what they did.... and in a mere 10 minutes!! Needless to say, the rest of the afternoon was spent cleaning the kids room.
After dinner we headed to pack their room, I stopped off to start the laundry and when I came down the hall, Cori emerged and announced that she was all packed and ready to go...
crossing the plains would not have been a problem for her.
For those of you that knew my mother and her over-use of grocery bags while traveling...
rest assured, the trait has not gone with her ;)
We did get moved, we do love our new place and some day I will be settled, just in time to pack it all up and move again!!

No comments:
Post a Comment